Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Who's a bad ass?

I'm a bad ass!

That's right.

Yes, yes, I am.

It's easy to say this now.  :D  Once class is over!  I was beyond nervous, and actually nearly chickened out.  I finally made myself go in the gym.  Checked in with the dude and the front desk, and must have sounded like a lunatic, because I definitely confused him with my nervous babble.  "Hi, I'm here for Krav Maga, and I joined a while back, you know over a week ago, but haven't been back since cause I'm sick, and I don't have my card, but I joined.  God, I'm sorry I'm babbling, I'm nervous."

Smooth operator, I am.

Anyhoo, after we determined that I could in fact speak in regular sentences, he got me all lined out.  I sat nervously, waiting for class to start.  All these super fit guys were trucking in the door, and only one other girl.  Ok.  I can handle this.  The instructor, who's name did not stick in my mostly incoherent brain, was very nice, and told me I'd be fine.  So we started.

Class started.  We started out shadow boxing to warm up.  Nothing makes the new girl feel dumber than pretending to box against someone who isn't there.  While trying to inconspicuously look at what the other people are doing, so that she doesn't look like a total dumbshit.  So we did that, then we did some jumping jacks, sit-ups and pushups.  Then we paired up and did a shoulder tap drill, which is where you are basically trying to tap your partner's shoulder, and they are trying to touch yours, and both of you are attempting to block the tap from the other person.  While kinda bouncing around.  Next up was straight punching drills.  Apparently, in addition to being unable to speak without sounding like a drunken idjit, I can not make a good fist.  The nice instructor helped me out, and now I'm a fist-making mofo.  Then we did some other hitting and kicking drills.  My elbow is all beat up from the elbow strikes.  Battle scars, BOOYA!

Then, the instructor who remains nameless came up with this harebrained drill for us to do some hitting, then PICK UP A PERSON, FIREMAN CARRY STYLE, and kick three targets while CARRYING A PERSON ON YOUR BACK.  Um, no.  Doubtful.  I gave it a try, with the littlest person there, but I couldn't lift him.  Which was ok, but I felt kinda silly.

When class was over, I was a sweaty, drippy mess.  It.was.awesome.  I feel like such a bad ass, after this class.  I love love love it.

Tomorrow is Spin in the AM and Crossfit after work.  WOOT!  I'm gonna be a sore puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment