Sometimes I need to really write out goals, to feel like I can move towards them.
At some point, I want to run a good half marathon. More about that in a bit. I'd like to get faster over shorter distances, like the 5K and 10K. I am pretty pokey right now, and I know that with some work I can get a fair amount faster. So, without further ado, here are my Running Goals:
- 5K under 32 minutes
- 10K under 70 minutes
- Run 4 x per week, consistently
I teach Spin 1-2 times per week on top of this. Once I am no longer restricted from using my right arm for anything useful, I will return to CrossFit at least. Or potentially pick up the Insanity Workouts again. I like them. I may also intersperse Body Rock workouts.
Next up, weight loss goals. Like I have mentioned, I used to be much fatter. Now I want to get even less fat :D Official Weight Loss Goals:
- Lose 10 pounds before summer (by May 1)
- Lose 30 pounds this year, before the holiday season (by mid-November)
- Get my body fat % into a healthy range
In order to reach my fabulous weight loss goals, I am going to have to make some changes to the crap I eat. Here are some specific goals I have given myself on that front:
- Track food on Sparkpeople EVERY DAY. I know that when I'm tracking (truthfully), I'm losing. It's as plain and simple as that.
- Eat 2-3 servings of fruit and 2-3 servings of veggies per day. Seriously, Courtney, do this.
- Try not to buy junk food, such as cookies, crackers, candy, chips, etc to have at the house. Just don't do it. (that's like the ant-nike slogan, except I think in this case, nike might be on board)
And in order to stick to all of that, I am going to have to figure out a way to deal with the emotional/anxiety/boredom eating, and be more mindful and present.