Saturday, January 22, 2011

Disaster averted!

Today as Spin class was wrapping up, a couple of the gals had hung back, and we were chatting.  One of them mentioned that they were going to Pizza Hut for a birthday party, and I was struck by how badly I'd really like to have that delicious greasy yumminess in my tummy.  I love pizza.  It's practically my favorite food in the entire universe, only second, sometimes, to ice cream.

However, since it's nearly 2/3 of the way thru January and I've stuck to my Eat in Month guns this long, I'm not about to screw it up now.  So I came home and whipped up home made pizza.  God love the Jiffy pizza crust mixes.  It's not the same as a yeast rise pizza crust, but it's fast and easy.  I have frozen yeast pizza dough in the freezer, but it would have taken a long time to thaw, and whipping it up from scratch would have taken easily an hour to be ready to bake.

I had green peppers and little tiny turkey pepperoni slices on mine, along with some some mozzarella and crumbled goat cheese.  Mmmmm.  Goat cheese is pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to pizza.  If you haven't tried it, and you are all icked out about it being from a goat (like I was the first time I tried it) yo need to cowboy the f*ck up and try it anyway.  It's salty, creamy, and delicious.  Seriously, it's good on pizza, in pasta, and salads.  Oh, and the softer stuff is excellent on crackers.

Anyway, today's Spin class was an ass kicker.  I felt like it went good, and people seemed to like it and get a good workout.  Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment