Friday, January 21, 2011

Holy sore, batman.

Wow.  Krav Maga did a number on my legs.  I suspect it was more the jumping squats and the walking lunges than the actual hitting and kicking, but JEEBUS my legs have been paying for it since Tuesday.  I taught Spin on Wednesday morning, and my legs were sore.  But a good sore.  You know the one.  The "Oh, I did something different yesterday" sore.  So Spin was good, and I had planned on CrossFit after work, but the weather did not cooperate with me, and I went straight home because the roads were so ridiculously slippery. 

Thursday morning, I wake up and start to hop out of bed.  Hold your fucking horses.  My legs!!!  Oh dear god, my legs!!  Ouchie, ouchie, ouchie.  Walking HURT.  Not the "Oh I did something different yesterday" hurt, but the "Who the hell hit my thighs with a baseball bat?" hurt.  So I didn't work out at all yesterday.  Instead I hobbled around, avoided going down sets of stairs, and swore a lot.  I'm very good at that last part. 

Today my legs are back to the "Oh, I did something different yesterday" sore, except that it was really 3 frickin' days ago.  I did a short 3 mile run at lunch, and I'm heading to CrossFit after work.  I'm praying for no lunges. 

Tomorrow I teach a 90 minute Spin class.  Then Sunday, I must must must get out for a longer run, to kick off my official Flying Pig Half Marathon training.  I did some calendar counting this morning, and I have 14 training weekends before the race.  So I've outlined a bit of a schedule for myself, to try and make sure I get my long runs in.  It looks like this (these are the miles I should run each Sunday) - 6, 7, 4, 8, 9, 10, 4, 10, 11, 5, 11, 12, 13, 5, RACE DAY.  That will give me six double digit runs.  Hopefully.  I really struggle with making myself do my long runs once they get up around about eight miles.  It starts to take up a pretty big chunk of my day, and I definitely don't make it happen like I should.  There is a local 10 mile race in March, I think, and I may sign myself up for that for a little extra motivation.  It's also nice to have a well supported long run course!  Drinks, porta potties, etc. 

On the food frontier, I've not done as well as I'd hoped.  We still haven't eaten out, and I'll admit that it's getting much easier.  It's not my first instinct now, which helps a ton.  But I've overeaten on some things, and bought some stuff that I know better than to buy (cheez-its and Reese's PB cups).  So, the struggle with that bullshit goes on.  I can't wrap my head around why, when there is something like that in the house, I can't focus on anything else.  I just GOTTA shove it in my mouth.  At least when it is not in the house, my laziness usually wins out, and I just eat an apple or something. 

Weekends are always a struggle for me, food wise.  The lack of structure in my day typically results in eating one or two bigger meals, with lots of snacking.  It's just harder to keep track of it (for me) when I do this.  This is our own doing, as we like to sleep in, and then we get up and don't want to eat for a while.  I just have to figure out a good solution for weekends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment