Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 1, nearly over, and a success

We narrowly escaped Walmart with any money at all tonight!  We dropped a cool $240 on groceries - EEK!  Part of that is due to the Eat In Month challenge, and part of it is due to having been away from home for nearly two weeks.  I haven't done any real grocery shopping since early December, aside from picking up some fruit and snacks now and then.

So, my pantry and freezer are now stocked.  There shall be no excuses.  We even bought some frozen meals, for those nights when I just don't want to cook or mess up the kitchen.  Banquet for him, Lean Cuisine for me.  :)  While I know these aren't gourmet, they will do in a pinch.  We also got sandwich stuff.  Because really, who doesn't love a sammich?

And then lots of fruit.  Fruit is "free" on Weight Watchers, which is what I am following to try and lose 30 lbs this year.  So you can bet your ass I stocked up on it.

I'll post a meal plan for the week shortly!  I'm gonna try to cook with my crockpot at least one work night per week (we work 4 10 hour days Tues-Fri) because I really struggle on those days.

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment