Monday, January 17, 2011

First post-sickie run

Welp, it's done.  That's pretty much the best thing I can say about it.

I treadmilled it up, reading my book while I ran.  God bless my e-reader.  It makes treadmill running about 800 better.  3 miles, normal speed.  UGH.  I'm still stuffed up enough that it was kinda breath-y.  The next one will be easier, I'm sure.

I'm hoping to do another short run mid-day tomorrow, followed up by my first official Krav Maga class.  I'm so excited!!  I was going to do it last week, but you know, the sickies.  I trucked it out to Dick's today to look for some sort of hand protection.  They told me I needed either hand wraps (how very bad ass) or light weight gloves.  I was torn, the hand wraps were only $5, but looked kinda tricky, and I've heard they slip around a lot.  So I went with the gloves.  I got PINK ONES.  Eeeee!!  I'm super duper excited.  It's gonna be fun.
Pink Power!

Don't mind the funky shadows cast by my hands and iPhone!  And the possibly dirty counter top.

Still no eating out!  WOOT.  I drove by Panera today, and I was reminded of how much I love the crap out of their onion soup, but luckily, I'd already eaten lunch (leftover goulash, yum!).  Supper was a veggie stir fry.  It was kinda "meh" really.  It was broccoli, carrots, and snow peas (a bagged mix) with some teriyaki sauce.  It turns out that what I prefer in a stir fry is NOT broccoli and carrots.  Bell peppers, onions, and snow peas are good, tho!  But I refused to pay $3 friggin dollars for a single red bell pepper today.  Grrrr.

Tomorrow I may stop at the Sunflower Market on my way home from Krav Maga.  They always have good deals on produce, and I'm in love with their pasta sauce.  The big danger here is their bins and bins of awesome chocolate goodness.  It's hard to resist.  Be strong, Courtney!

No comments:

Post a Comment