Friday, January 14, 2011

I feel like a person again

Oh man, it's nice to feel like a real person again.  I am nowhere near 100% yet, but I'm about 800% better than I was on Wednesday & Thursday.  I am hoping for a super easy, slow, short run tomorrow.  I was scheduled to teach a 90 min Spin class, but I got a sub because I am not sure that is a good idea just yet.  I'm hopeful I can swing something short & easy.  I need to workout.  Now that I feel better, I can feel that pent up energy starting to bubble up to the surface.  I will need to vent it before I bounce around the house annoying my husband and cats all weekend!

So today, I was VERY VERY tempted to say "F*ck it" and grab dinner on the way home from work.  The hubs and I even discussed it, but we decided to stick to our guns, and go home to eat dinner.  I knew I had a pork loin in the fridge, and I was going to make twice baked potatoes to go with it.  So we went home, and I washed the taters, tossed them in the toaster over to bake, and went about my bidness.  About an hour later, about when I thought I'd put the pork in the oven (not an innuendo, this time ;) I decided to stick a fork in the taters to see if they were getting close to baked.  Well, imagine my surprise when I realized the toaster oven was NOT EVEN ON.

I swore a bit...  Just a teeny bit, because my 10 and 8 year old nieces were here at that exact moment, and I try not to be the one that teaches them new swear words.  Then I turned the damn toaster oven on and moved dinner back another hour.  So hungeeeeee!!!

Anyway, an hour later, I really did put the pork in the oven (for reals, yo, get your mind out of the gutter) and whipped up the twice baked taters.  I didn't have any greek yogurt (well, not any plain greek yogurt, and for some reason strawberry didn't seem like it would really go with taters), so I tossed in a little yogurt butter, garlic, a squirt of ranch dressing, salt 'n peppa, and some goat cheese.  I smooshed it all up with the innards of the taters and then refilled the tater skins.  I then sprinkled shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese.  Back in the toaster oven they went, while the pork cooked.  Mmmmmmm...

This dinner was Deeee-Lish-us!  Seriously, it's ridiculous how good it was, and how easy.  I need to remember this come February when I don't have the Eat In Challenge keeping me away from Chik Fil A.

No comments:

Post a Comment