Sunday, January 2, 2011

Starting Fresh in 2011

Along with the rest of the world, I am making some resolutions to get my year started off right. Let's just dive in, shall we?

  • Eat In Month - I'm so totally going to attempt this. I don't know how long we will make it (we eat out A LOT), but we are going to try this. It's a good month for this, because we both want to eat healthier, and it's way easier to do that when you are cooking or eating at home. We also want to save a little money, and we don't have any trips this month. So, starting right this very second (we ordered pizza for lunch before I ran across this blog & challenge) we are doing this for January.
  • Lose 30 lbs - Gah. I've had this last 30 to lose for a long time. I lost about 70 nearly 8 years ago, and have just never shook the last 30. To make this happen, I'm going to get back on the Weight Watchers bandwagon. It's a great program, and I know 100% that it works for me as long as I'm tracking my food. So it's back to logging, baby.
  • PR in the half marathon - I will make this happen. Dammit. I have run several half marathons, but I have yet to have a good one. I should be able to get under 2:30 for this distance, and the only thin that keeps it from happening is my less than stellar training. I'm definitely running the Flying Pig Half Marathon on May 1st with a bunch of my imaginary running friends (they are real people, I'm not that nuts. Just people I've met online.). I may try to run one as a training run a bit earlier, but I can't say for sure.
  • Do at least one triathlon or duathlon in 2o11. 2010 was the first year in a long time that I didn't do at least one triathlon. I've got a friend who I'm trying to wrangle into doing a tri or du with me, so we'll see how that turns out before I pick one. I should not have a hard time finding one, since I live in the land of Fit, Skinny, Triathlete, Marathon Crazies (aka Colorado).
The Eat In Month Challenge has great tips on how to make this happen. This will be the hard thing right off the bat, so I'm starting with it. Menu planning is going to be key, as well as getting to the grocery store TODAY. I'll be back later with a meal plan for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment