Sunday, March 6, 2011

Speaking of therapy...

My other form of therapy is exercise.  I have started the last two days off with a vigorous workout, and it always sets my frame of mind for the day.  In a good way.  I feel strong, sweaty, and fit.  Which is a seriously kick ass combo :D

Yesterday I went to a class at Qi Ryders downtown.  I bought  LivingSocial deal a while ago, and I still have two classes to go thru.  Yesterday was supposed to be a 60 minute ride with an instructor my friend and I really like.  Instead, it was a Mountain Warrior class, with a new gal.  The class itself is great, it's like 40 minutes of biking followed by some circuit/core training.  However, we were both looking forward to a full on 60 ride.  And, I can't do most of the stuff in the core/circuit part, due to my wrist.  I don't have the splint anymore, but I cannot do weight bearing, impact, or real bendy stuff with it for another month.  So my friend and I improvised during that part, doing plank on our elbows, crunches, wall sit, calf raises, etc.  She was a good sport about hanging back with me so I wasn't all by myself.  While it wasn't the workout I expected, it was still good!  Some of the things done in the ride part of the class are not things I would ever teach in a class (my Spinning certification specifically says not to do this stuff because it isn't safe), but I still got in a decent workout.

Today, I met my neighbor for a run.  She hasn't run in a while, and my legs are pretty sore from yesterday, so we took a few walk breaks, but it was a great way to start a Sunday.  I dropped her off at her house and did a couple more miles.  All told, I was out for about an hour.  It was a wee bit chilly, but not too bad for 8:30 am this time of year!  Now it's time for a nice, long hot shower...  one of my favorite things about working out outside in the winter.  Aaaaaahhhh.

Food wise, I have felt ok most of the week.  The older gal who works part time at our front desk brought in treats on friday, and they are one of my most favorite things ever.  They are these ridiculous concoctions made with corn flakes, corn syrup, peanut butter and chocolate.  So I had three of them spread across the day.  I certainly could have lived without them, but DAMN, they were good!  Yesterday was tough for me as well, but that is all of my own doing.  I need to get groceries.  We have a serious lack of stuff to eat in this house.  We had lunch (homemade BBQ pork sandwiches and oven fries), then DH asked me if I wanted to go for ice cream.  I'm not sure I've ever, in my whole life, said no to ice cream.  We got mini blizzards.  I love the fact that they now make a tiny size of these.  It's still probably 350 calories, but that's half of a small one.  The thing about me and blizzards is that I can (and will) eat whatever size is in front of me.  I could eat a large one, sadly.  But if I get a mini one, I am totally happy.  The ice cream in and of itself isn't the end of the world for sure.  It was super tasty!  We ended up ordering pizza for dinner, due to the above mentioned lack of real food in the house.  So today, one of the items atop my TO DO list is to get groceries.

We are invited to lunch with DH's sister and kids, and we are going to Texas Roadhouse.  Land of steak and dinner rolls.  GAH.  So good.  Those dinner rolls are ridiculous.  And they will keep bringing then out until you say stop.  And, I'll be facing some of the issues I talked to my therapist about.  So while I haven't learned any coping techniques just yet, I suspect it will all be in the forefront of my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment