Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mojo gets up and dusts itself off

So...  I met with my neighbor to run today, and we ran for 40-45 min, and it was glorious.  Abso-frickin-lutely glorious.  Sunny and in the 60's.  We liked it so much we are doing it again tomorrow!  Maybe, just maybe, my mojo is dusting itself off.  Let's hope!  It felt good to run, good to get out in the sunshine, and good to be just doing it.

We got new bedroom furniture today.  I big-fat-puffy-heart it.  I'm going to take some pictures tomorrow when the sun is shining and if they look ok, I'll share one!  I really feel like an honest to god grown-up now.  Our bedroom looked like a college dorm before this!  So this is fabulous.  My living room is still full of random crap from our room, tho.  Hee-hee!

Tomorrow I'm baking cookies to send to my sister-in-law.  She's had a rough few months, and there are only two things I know how to do that will guarantee a smile from someone. Bake, and sew.  I'm going to do both.  I'm going to make chocolate chip cookies, except I'm going to use Easter M&Ms.  There is nothing healthy about these cookies, folks.  Zip.  Zilch.  Nada.  But fuckin-A, they are good.  I'm sure I'll have some dough, followed by some cookies.  But hopefully my intent of mailing them will keep me (us, really!) out of them too much.

Speaking of bags...  I know this blog isn't really about them, but I made myself a fun bag this last week, and I finally took pics of it tonight.  It came out super-fab.























I had a binge-y day on Saturday.  I bought Starburst Jelly Beans, because I'm apparently deluding myself that I'll have a handful and save the rest for later.  That only works if later = 20 seconds later.  Which I guess it technically does...  But yeah.  That bag was gone before the end of the day.  And while DH ate some, I pretty much demolished them on my own.  Then that night, I overate peanuts.  That one was due to real hunger (at least at the beginning of it).  Then I overate at dinner.  So not a real winning day.  I will chat with my therapist about it on Thursday when I meet with her again.

I'm working on not beating myself up.  I mean, it doesn't accomplish anything.  So yeah.  I'm going to try to stop doing that.  Maybe if I can work on the inner monologue stuff, I can see behavior change?  That's the theory, right?

5 comments:

  1. I'm lovin' your posts!

    Funny Overeating Story:
    So, I was going to Overeaters Anonymous for a while and got some help. During that time, I thought "gee, I should volunteer to be the coffee-preparer. And I can bake some goodies to share!"
    Uh. No. You don't bring food to OA meetings.

    And now I'm doing Alanon meetings, which is for family members of alcoholics(I'm not anonymous about anything, really. I'm pretty open about going to these 12 step meetings.)

    So, last week there was this Alanon-gal selling a bag of Girl Scout cookies after the meeting. I'd been staring at that bag during the meeting, thinking about those cookies and what I would do to them.

    The difference between OA and Alanon is that there are cookies at Alanon.

    Hilarious!
    -L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I didn't buy any cookies. Yay for me.

    -L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome story, L. I love it. Are the Alanon meetings helping you work thru stuff? I hope so. ((((L))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the OA and Alanon group-sharing is super-helpful. After someone shares something, I often have lightbulb moments that I might not have with one therapist. It's helpful hearing how other people experience and deal with the overeating, etc.
    I've met some lovely people in those 12-step groups, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing that stuff with me :)

    ReplyDelete