Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ambivalent. Blah. Completely unexcited about anything.

That's pretty much how I've been feeling the last couple days.  *Sigh*  I literally sighed one of those woe-is-me sighs when I typed that.

I gotta snap myself out of this funk.  It's affecting multiple areas of my life, including my relationship.  Yesterday my hubby said I was being non-responsive, and I really didn't see it...  I don't think he's making it up, so I suspect that non-responsive is probably accurate.  That doesn't mean I am sitting around like a zombie, just that I'm not myself.  Anyone who knows me in real life knows that I'm pretty bouncy, annoyingly upbeat, and a chatter box.  Not lately, I guess.

The funk, well, it hasn't been good for anything as far as I can tell.

What do you do to get out of a funk?

I think some of this stems from my severe lack of interest in my job.  I'm applying for other jobs, but I am  either doing a crappy job of showing what I do, and can do, or I'm not very marketable.  Which is pretty much the most depressing thing in a long time.  GAH.

Seriously, I need to knock this Poor-Me bullshit off.  It's getting old!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. I don't know that you can force yourself out of a funk. I generally try to ride it out, knowing things will change at some point. However, scheduling something fun can help- a night out with friends or a shopping date etc. It's hard when something you have to do regularly is not what you like to do though. Still, take comfort that you are addressing issues and attempting to change your situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words :)

    I'm actually feeling buoyed at the moment, much more like my normal self. Which is kind of a relief!

    ReplyDelete