Sunday, April 10, 2011

Another positive week... and my races for the summer.

It kind of feels good to build upon good weeks.  That is probably obvious to anyone with a brain, but I was just sitting here on the couch thinking about it, and that really stood out to me.

Today, I went to a musical with my friends.  SO FUN!  We saw Swing at the Boulder Dinner Theatre.  It was amazing to see those people whirl and twirl all the hell over the place.  Seriously, I'd be so dizzy.  Of course, I'd have to spin long enough to get dizzy, which would mean NOT falling.  Which isn't likely.  But it sure makes me wanna prance around the house!  We had a really good time.  Food wise, I probably overdid it a bit with our appetizer, but not like I might have done in the past.  I'm really at home with these girls, so there wasn't any weird, awkward social crap going on.  The food was decent, although not spectacular.  The appetizer and the wine were the best part.  :D

I came home and fixed chicken spaghetti for dinner.  Mmmmm.  Grilled chicken (on The Griddler!) added to my favorite jarred sauce from The Sunflower Market.  I know I should get off my ass and be true to my blog name and make my own...  but seriously, mine isn't as good.  I did put some olive oil and garlic on some hot dog buns (fancy?  not so much) and toasted them.  It was delicious.  Kind of like french bread without the top-of-the-mouth-ripping-open outer crust.  Win!

Now as I sit here, I'm definitely craving something sweet.  I'm trying to work thru my thoughts on this.  Am I just really craving something chocolate?  Or is there more to it?  I haven't really decided yet.  I am still revisiting the list I made earlier, of the fun, crazy stuff I want to do.  I should have added another tattoo to that list.  I've got a body part in mind now.  But I need to settle on what I actually want tattooed on my body.  This dancer at Swing today had one in this spot, and it reminded me of how much I want to do that.  She also had a fabulous hair cut.  My hair has gotten super long, and I'm trying to stave off the desire to whack it all off.

On another completely unrelated topic, I have a bunch of races planned for this summer.  First up is the Mini Haha Triathlon, which is local and SHORT.  The short part is really good, especially in the swimming area.  I haven't been to the pool in at least a year.  Seriously.  So yeah.  I need to go.  I'm signed up for a swim clinic next Saturday, so that will be a good start.  Although I should go at least once this week prior to that...  to make sure I haven't forgotten how to swim!  The Mini Haha is in June.

Then, in July, I signed up for something crazy.  The Warrior Dash in Kansas City.  My crazy ass friend (aka:  Soulmate) Bobbi Jo talked me into this nonsense.  It's not a long race, 5K, I think.  But there are obstacles.  Like, climbing over a wall, up rope ladders, over hay bales, and across a burning pit.  Oh, and there is a nasty ass mud pit.  My little brother and his wife are also signed up, as well as a friend of mine (and her cousin) from college.  It should prove to be dirty an super fun.

Next up?  *sigh*  I signed up for, AND PAID FOR, the Denver RnR Half Marathon on October 9th.  I hope this isn't a waste of money.  I've (hopefully) talked my neighbor into training with me.  If I can get myself out the door to do the long runs, I'll be fine.  I usually get to about the place where it's time to start running 8+ miles on the weekend, and I'm all "Nevermind."  I've been most successful training for a half when I train WITH people or as part of a group.  However, all the groups typically do long runs on Saturdays, and I'm teaching spin every other Saturday morning all summer.  So I don't want to sign up for a group and PAY and only get, at best, half of the runs in with them.

So we shall see...  I have a lot of training to do over the next six months...  I really like having goals and races on the schedule, because it reminds me not to skip a workout when I'm feeling lazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment